29 September 2018

Back to Ste Cécile


Bright and sunny but a chill wind. I was teased by Nicole and the café lady for not wearing a jacket! But by the time we left it was warming up and we had a pleasant lunch of crevettes and...well by the skin of out teeth, mayonnaise...on the terrace.




At 1 o’clock I realised we hadn’t got any. Shop was shutting as I ran up there so I went into the bar and begged a portion! Bruno kindly gave me a barquette full and would take no money. You have to think on your feet in such emergencies!


After lunch we walked in the heat to Séguret. Butterflies galore and good views. Then as I was sitting by the lavoir cooling my hands I realised it was after 4 and we had Facetime at 5! So, sprinted down the road in record time to get home. 25 mins, not bad. Beryl and Adrian followed on a bit later.