24 March 2025

What a boar

 

Not a lot to report this Monday. Weather mixed - showers and sun and big fluffy clouds. The nice neighbour across the road informed me we are in for cold and wet and north winds - oh joy! I often have a  chat with him at shutter opening time - he has his fag and coffee on his doorstep of a morning. Wonderful name - Hilarion.

 We tidied up a bit then went into Vaison for filthy lucre to pay to Mr Boukersanna. As this was twice my cash machine allowance I had to present myself, passport and cash card at the actual desk. Then the lady validated another plastic card that I had to use in the cash machine outside authorising the disgorging of assorted notes.

On the way into town as we were passing one of the local vineyards I spotted four young striped wild boar just ambling round the edge! They were long gone by the time we returned so no pic alas.

Message from the Kaisers announcing their arrival so we’ll pop up tomorrow and catch up on news.

I quizzed Mme Moulin about the superette change of ownership. Indeed, Alain and Mimi have gone. Apparently they were fed up and for some reason grumbled about their customers! Mme M and I find this perplexing!