Stress. We discovered a water leak by the washing machine that seemed to have affected the kitchen tap pressure. Just what you do not want! I phoned Andrew who gave me the number of his mate, a plumber, and told me to say I was a good friend of his🤗. Amazingly this man came straightaway bless him. He identified the problem, a redundant bit of pipe that was oozing, cut it off and capped it…80 euros. Fingers crossed it has solved the problem.
Then today I decided I must cancel our landline. We haven’t used it for years and in fact Orange owe me €14. So off we set for the Orange Boutique situated in some commercial centre by the motorway. I resorted to Google Maps that lead us by various twisty turns into Carrefour Mega Supermarket. Inside there are zillions of outlets among which right at the far end Boutique Orange. A young chap, the spit of Amol Rajan, used his internal Orange phone to get me through to the cancellations dept and five minutes later it was all done! Phew.

Our reward was lunch in Caderousse at the bar. Very nice under the shady plane tree that dropped the occasional shrivelled leaf with alarming thuds! Just the plat du jour and coffee.
And finally a little walk along the Rhone to see how the renovation of Hers Château was going. They seem to have finished and it looks rather good.

It was very hot, no river craft and nasty biting flies so we didn’t linger.
This evening we met Louise and John at the bar for a pizza but really mostly to catch up on news. The place was heaving with English speaking groups of residents and an awful lot of loud Australian second homers. Yuk. Why do they come so far? This is something I do not like in Sablet but I suppose soon I won’t be part of it…☹️