...it must be Malaucène. And it is although we both said it felt like Saturday. The days all merge into one! What it is though, I think because we didn't go to Ste Cécile on Saturday but we did go to Malaucène market today, our programming is out of kilter. Needs a reboot. Added to which we had coffee and croissants in the bar. An added treat today was a free organ concert in the church at 11.
Only 45 minutes but we were in the cool interior and it was very soothing. The organist is some well-known Dutchman whose name I did not catch and he was accompanied by a colleague flautist, also very good. One somewhat bizarre incident came half way through when the side door opened and a man came through pushing a sack trolley loaded with boxes. Then proceeded to carry them across the altar and into the vestry - all in total silence. If you'd had your eyes closed you'd never have known. I said to myself 'ah, a bulk delivery of votive candles.' As a joke. But blow me if that's not exactly what it was - the chap introducing the music apologised at the end for the interruption!
And now, Gardeners' Question Time. You might recall that upon arrival the oleanders and perovskia were shrivelled and sad. But thanks to intensive care they are once more a flowery delight. And they have friends - two straggly petunia plants given by Deb. I cut them back, watered and fed them, chanted spells and see! Beautiful.
Even old Russian Sage has perked up. We also had a plague of thrips which I have hopefully now vanquished with soapy lavender water and chemical warfare. Had to take life into hands at first squishing them daily on the oleanders. Oleanders are poisonous - even touching them is dangerous apparently - so I had to assiduously remember to wash hands every time I went fossicking.


