09 October 2018

Silly Sorgue

Weather back on track so we went to L’Isle sur la Sorgue for a gawp at the nonsense. It’s a pretty little place with waterwheels and bonkers shops so good for a morning. Wendy asked as we drew into the carpark, What are we going to see? Well...first thing I spotted was Anna Maria trotting along the river bank in search of a rolling pin! But she was clean and healthy looking so I pretended I hadn’t seen her.


As usual, the emporia of tat and designer extravagance were on top form. Mini Eiffel towers of rusty iron, vivid plastic modern style chairs and seats, huge fantasy creatures...the works.













And a rather imposing house in the public park with roundels of Mozart and Paganini above the doors. Somewhat of an architectural mishmash.












After an hour or so it was hunt the restaurant
time. I’d read of one and tried to find it. No luck. On our way we discovered the welly boot dogs again. And then by the river some decent looking
eateries. As we were sitting down at the table by the river I realised that the place next door was in fact the one I’d been searching for. Too late! Never mind, we ate well enough.



The sun came out and we returned via Le Barroux  where an American was trying to extricate his hire car from the narrow lanes, and Malaucène where we stopped for a drink.
This isn’t either...just a bar in L’Isle sur la Sorgue