21 April 2025

Easter Monday

Lovely day but we had to stay in for the electrician. And then suddenly in the middle of breakfast I got a stinging pain in my left eyelid that has incapacitated me all day with piggy eye redness  etc. Awful. Can’t see through the streaming. Not sure if it’s pollen, dust, eyemakeup…Whatever, I feel and look a thousand years old🫣 Mr Attout the electrician said what have you done, your eye’s all red. I know says I grimly…




Anyway we retired to the terrace while he drilled and hammered for hours putting in a trip switch and trying to find the end of our earth cable. I was fearful he might hit a water main at one stage. But no, all was done and paid for. €100 deduction as he only needed to put in one trip switch, not two. And we are instructed to water our earth every five months or so to keep it damp. Who knew!

While he was here nine Mirage jets flew over in low formation, impressive. Must be most of France’s fleet. They are based at Orange so we often see a couple, but this was exceptional.

And then a pale blue electric Gendarmerie vehicle drew up outside and an agent went into next door. Was it a drugs bust, taking a statement…? of course not, he’d come for lunch and emerged two hours later clutching a bottle of wine!