12 October 2017

Moving on out

M. Lebraut from next door called today to say goodbye. He and M.Multiservices were busy emptying the house. We should have new neighbours by the time we leave. It’s a fabulous day - sunny and 26 but not oppressive. We went up to the Vacqueyras letters before lunch to view the surroundings.





Not a strenuous walk but nice. Walking through aromatic pines and juniper with flocks of great tits busy in the canopy and butterflies floating gracefully about. And La Patrouille, unusually out after midday, roaring and swooping overhead in their red white and silver planes.






I got back to the car first and as I was waiting, along jogged a couple and tiny dog looking very sweaty in the midday heat. Mad dogs and Englishmen came to mind. And blow me they were! Man stopped and said ‘Hello, I recognise your car.’ Turns out they'd spotted us up by the chapel above Beaumes on Tuesday. I’d seen them too! They live in the vines up there. And off they puffed brave souls.

We decided a beer and coffee was in order so went into the village to the Café du Cours. Serendipity! The blackboard was marked with Lapin Chasseur as plat du jour so obviously we had to have lunch. Not me of course...lamb cutlets in garlic cream sauce.

Apéros chez les Danois at 5 pm.