03 October 2019

Route march

We eventually extricated ourselves at 11.45 and set off in the autumn sunshine up Cheval longue - the  wooded hillside across the vines. Pretty steep going for a while! Then along the ridge and down and back to Sablet. About 2 .5 hours for me, 3 hours for the men, who stopped and rested. So most of the time I was alone in the woods on the dusty track, just hoping it was going in the right direction. Saw absolutely no one - it was so peaceful.









I got to the bar at 2 15 and had a Perrier and a ham sandwich. The ham tasted a bit odd so if you hear no more from me, sue Bruno! I left half of it. Eventually the stragglers appeared to join me and we sat in the sunshine for another hour before gathering bread and veg and ice cream from the local traders. A quick look in the Book Box revealed nothing tempting although there was one bizarre offering.