Last night the northern nations gathered on the Kaisers' terrace to enjoy chat, apéros and a glorious sunset. And the screeching of swifts. Hooray. This morning the wind is back so although the thermometer says 22 it doesn't feel like it. A brief market trip where, amongst other things, additional fleurs were purchased - Bizzie Lizzies this time. (This little one was left over from the window boxes.) And then home. En route we spotted a sign of the times...a hoarding advertising McDo Vaison. Interestingly when I mentioned this to American friend over coffee in the Bar de l'Union, she did not understand the word Hoarding. And yet...we English do understand Billboard. Discuss.
Just walked up to Gravillas for a bidon of Sablet rouge - Côtes du Rhône Villages Sablet for 3.70 a litre. Can't be bad. Adrian has just decanted it into bottles. I was gratified to discover that my loyalty has earned me a free bottle. This time I chose a rosé. Looks like our bumble bee approves!

