06 April 2017

Strange visitor

A very windy day today so out went the rugs onto the terrace. Not for long! Anyway, as I was supervising their flapping I noticed a huge creature crawling round the edge of the walls. It looked like a long-wheel-base furry bee. Adrian was summonded up two flights to identify it. Ah, a mole cricket, says he with no hesitation. Observe those front digging feet...




We followed its progress round the terrace - surprisingly brisk was its trotting. It was jolly hard to photograph! Poor thing seemed to be looking for an escape route so eventually I gathered it up in the dustpan and placed it onto the parapet, from where it made good its downward escape. Didn't fly though.









Then there was lunch...too idle to go up for bread and it was blowing a gale despite the sun. So we turned to the free gifts so kindly left by our departed friends. Not being rude or anything but I have never eaten anything remotely like this. Sort of pasta sauce pot noodles (not had those either).



They come complete with plastic fork. I drew the line at eating out of the pot with said implement and dispensed mine into a bowl. Hmm well. Penne was fine and al dente but the bolognese had absolutely no flavour. I tipped chili flakes and ground black pepper but to no avail. So it's come to this...Brexit means microwave pasta pots!

(Only joking Lou, thank you!)