10 October 2021

New paint

 

Last night we delayed the shutter return as John and Louise hauled us up to the bar to sit in the evening sunshine with rosé and pizzas. The latter cut up into dear little apéro squares and most delicious. Liz and Keith dropped by for a glass of something too but they are not pizza people!








This morning we walked up into the vines to where J and L are house sitting, lucky them! I carried on for a bit longer while Adrian availed himself of their proper wifi. Such a glorious day with Rasteau blue sky (this is my new colour!). Pickers busy in the vines.So we sat under the pergola and enjoyed tea and cake until I realised with horror that Mr B was due at 1.30 with the shutters! Eek - power walk back to ours just in time. Actually he came at 3 so I needn’t have bust a gut. So here they are…one of the interminable shades of grey. Bit paler than I would have liked but very nice. Adrian’s choice!