Ooo I think I hear thunder!
20 October 2023
Weather Report
The Gigondas evening went well but as we were leaving we noticed a certain swaying of branches and by the time we were going to bed this had become a gale. Upstairs sitting room shutters were closed against the assault. And it began to rain - a positive jet wash! All night the wind hurtled down the road from the south with frequent booming gusts. I feared for our roof, could not sleep. However in the morning light all seemed OK. No one else had been in the slightest discomforted. It rained a bit more then brightened to a vivid blue sky with white clouds and hot sunshine.After lunch we went to inspect the river by the Roman bridge at Entrechaux. The weir was thundering beneath the rush of grey brown water with the consistency of emulsion paint. But it was HOT. We fancied a drink so went to Mollans. Bar closed until 4.30. Adam expressed a desire to sit at our own bar but that was closed until 5!

