27 September 2026

Lazy Sunday

It was a lovely totally still, totally grey cloud blanket sky this morning. A real cocoon and warm. I was moved to stroll off to the shop for bread so we could eat on the terrace and survey the valley. Of course it couldn’t last and the sun hacked its way through again by lunchtime!


We just pottered through the back roads to Rasteau as usual. Sat in the caff, mingled with the throng and noticed that the boulangerie had opened again. Chocolate eclairs for later back on our terrace once more. Dull innit!


Ice particles dropping up there.









Things livened up at 6. We were down to the bar for pizzas from Roberto’s van! And a small libation as we waited of course. 









Next door at the Bistrot it was last service of the season. They decamp to Meribel until next May! Our cafeman (whose name I still don’t know even though he tutoies me) tells me they have an enormous business up there employing 150 people. I googled them and wow, so they do…a Michelin Starred chef no less.

Anyway, back on our sunset viewpoint, bon app!