26 September 2026

🍇 Ma Belle Marguerite

 Singalong now! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=usgL6GsZDDc

In September when the grapes are purple Marguerite pick the grapes with me

Tractors with trailers full of grapes trundling back and forth as we supped our morning coffee and ate somewhat stodgy croissants at le Bar de l’union in Ste Cécile. It was all v pleasant if noisy. Then as I was paying for my lavande miel, Nicole the Honey noticed we’d been slipped a fake euro coin somewhere! We’re good mates though, so she wasn’t suspicious of me thank goodness.


After queuing for goodies and the rest of the shopping it was…you guessed it…more wine! We need to stock up in case we never get here again. Cairanne Coop next stop. No messing here, we know what we want and it was on offer. End of season you see and they need shelf space for what’s to come. Usual question at the till “vous avez un compte?” You bet I do, and unlike yesterday in Ventoux I came up in the screen. Even better, I had more than enough points for a cadeau. Red or white? Rouge of course. And a box of six was brought forth to add to our collection. Not bad eh !

Observe the leetul Fr jeux de mots on this box. KDO. Say it aloud (K is pronounced kah in the Fr alphabet).

We’d had a bit of a scare on the way to market. Coming past l’As de coeur in Roaix I‘d seen an À Vendre notice seemingly on the front door! Surely not. I know the season hadn‘t been brill this summer but even so… So we had to return the same way, more or less. Just a small detour down our back road across the vines. No Hoopoes or Rollers at this time of year but we did almost squash a coypu ambling over the tiny bridge with something in its mouth. As they are vegans I assume it must have been an offspring, but it was in too much shadow to be sure.


A final stop at my tree - climbed it man and boy, don’t y’know.

Then back again through Roaix where closer inspection seems to show the for sale sign on the other part of the building .. phew!