11 July 2021

Shooting the past

  

Sunday. The day of rest…Another one! Very pleasant just sitting upstairs in the semi shade. So I did a bit of housework and rubbish removal before settling down for the day’s racing. Really couldn’t miss this trip down memory lane - so many happy holidays in Pyrénnées Orientales.



They started in Céret, home of the Surrealist Museum Adrian refused to visit, the lunch in the square where we grabbed the undrunk pitcher of wine from the next table and Cherry Capital! Then round Canigou with superb shots of the summit where we stood, and the cratered mountain dirt track we drove up in a brand new BX…poor car. Zoomed past St Martin de Canigou and the lac de Vinça of many lovely swims, Villefranche and le Petit Train Jaune. Ah, sigh.


Mind you I have just read a wonderful sentence in a book to the effect that there is nothing virtuous about climbing a hill that you don’t need to. How I agree!