18 July 2019

Day off

Staying home today so don’t expect any excitement! The terrace is warm and shady with a breeze. I’ve repotted some of the pelargoniums into terracotta because that looks nicer. They are showing signs of new buds. Typical! We probably won’t reap the rewards of that unless they are still flowering in two months.

This sign puzzled me. The invading troops came from the south so east would have been on the right.




Adrian has done his ironing. I’ve just made us fruit smoothies from whatever I could find in the fridge. We seem to have over-catered on the frozen blueberry front so they have to be used. I fear the gooseberries are doomed...

And just now Monsieur from across the road rang the bell and stood, jar in hand, to offer us the apricot jam. As promised I swapped it for a jar of finest Bullsmead 2019 marmalade, taking care to point out that the labels are A Joke! He said he didn’t speak English so not to worry.













Tour is entering the Pyrenees so it will be an afternoon of drama. This evening we are invited to The Danes.